Twenty-one days of the new year have rushed past me and I am yet to make an entry here. What kept me from writing? A number of factors starting from a new hobby, working on some art projects and looking after a number of little things. Sometimes remaining inconsequential and yet busy is very easy.
Ushering in the New Year I want to put in some of the highlights of the year that was – 2007.
* I was 25 last year and enjoyed the status of being a Quarter centurian. Well, sometimes I did get bogged down by my junta that I was a spinster and seemed like the Everest in front of their eyes who was 30. Well, all said and done I was a bachelorette last year and now I am married woman.
* I found my life-partner last year. From all I have gone through, trust me its an achievement in itself. Getting married to someone isn’t really an issue, it is the whole thing about finding the right person that makes the process all the more painful and in retrospect humourous. So all said and done got married with all the pomp associated with a traditional South-Indian wedding. A little weary at times, but I enjoyed the shopping, running around and finally all the rituals that went with it.
* From the work perspective, I got my promotion and did pretty decently at work. Partly enjoyed what I did and cribbed for the rest. I suppose that is part of work in itself. What is the fun in working or watching a movie without the cribs or the comment?
* I placed my esteemed leg in four continents. 🙂 Enjoyed traveling every moment of it. I had this major fascination with Greece. Please don’t ask me why. But then, I simply wanted to go there and 2007 was the year when I actually did and what more on our Honeymoon. Couldn’t have ever asked for more.
* Lastly, I finished the year by taking a break from work. Man!!! Do I love this? Yup baby!!!! I do. Once in every 4-5 years, it is good to take a break. Easier said than done, but it definitely does a world of good. It is in moments like this that I have a feeling that yes, I am living. I am living my life for what it is and not just running around in the eternal rat-race with no clue whatsoever of where I will finally end up. I have traveled a lot in the last 4 months of the last year and enjoyed every bit of it.
Couple of years ago, I had resolved that I will not make any resolutions for a New Year. I inevitably break them. But, ironically I managed to stick to this resolve of mine. 🙂
Life is a celebration in itself and I wish you all a Happy New Year with every moment of it to be spent in a celebration!
Eat well, sleep well and smile a lot more 😀